Commercial Associate, Andes
Faro Energy is an investment company that identifies, develops and finances renewable energy projects in Latin America. Our key strength is to channel best practices in project execution (i.e. technical, financial, legal, tax and structuring) that allow our clients in the region to access best-in-class technology and provide our investors compelling returns on capital.
About the role
The Commercial Associate will report to Faro’s Operations Manager for the Andean business and will focus on broadening our commercial reach working with local partners and subcontractors to develop and grow Faro Andes’ pipeline. In this capacity, the Commercial Associate will be expected to maximize Faro Andes’ existing market channels and to design new ways to grow our business.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Develop new business opportunities using energy market analysis and technical, marketing and financial analysis of each opportunity
- Engage with Faro Energy's clients throughout the sale cycle, explaining our product, adapting to client's needs, preparing materials and managing our internal sale process
- Support the design of photovoltaic and energy storage systems with load and energy usage analysis to develop accurate energy forecast estimates suitable for financial investment
- Prepare technical and marketing reports on investment opportunities tor Faro's investors
- Draft and prepare client presentations on wide assortment of corporate topics ranging from industry, energy market, financial, regulatory, legal, technical and tax matters
- Assist in the preparation of materials on each deal for Faro's Investment Committee
- Work with colleagues across regions on ad-hoc strategic projects
You are ethical, ambitious and have high standards. You are comfortable managing uncertainty and are entrepreneurial. You are organized, extremely analytical and do not settle for the obvious. You are self-driven, proactive, flexible, and focused on results. You possess outstanding communication skills and can build effective relationships with stakeholders. You proactively identify ways to increase the team’s productivity and industry awareness. You are a strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
You are passionate about building a business that will be at the forefront of the global transition to a low carbon energy system.
- Superb fluency in English and Spanish a must; you write in English and Spanish with outstanding grammar
- 2-3 years’ of professional experience in a commercial capacity with strong technical and/or project management roles
- Energy industry (particularly in renewables) experience is preferred though not essential
- Bachelor degree in engineering economics, industrial engineering, natural sciences or related subjects from a top tier university in your country or globally
- Experience living and working in Latin America and internationally
- Must be willing to relocate to Barranquilla, Colombia
- Willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
Position will commence as a full-time employee of Faro Andes. Compensation is very competitive for Colombian corporate standards, start-ups (globally) and in particular for the location (Barranquilla). This role will require travel to places considered desirable and often even exotic. You will be seen among your peers in the industry as a leader whose influence extends beyond the day-to-day business operations to influence everything from company direction to investor satisfaction. Moreover, your contribution to building one of the first investment platforms dedicated to renewables in Latin America cannot be understated.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org