Operations Analyst, Andes
Faro Energy is an investment company that identifies, develops and finances renewable energy projects in Latin America. Our key strength is to channel best practices in project execution (i.e. technical, financial, legal, tax and structuring) that allow our clients in the region to access best-in-class technology and provide our investors compelling returns on capital.
About the role
The Operations Analyst will report to Faro’s Operations Manager for the Andean business and will focus on working with our local partners and subcontractors to ensure the timely and successful implementation of our projects from design to operation. You will have responsibility for creating and implementing engineering and operational goals to exceed customer expectations for project development, quality, cost and delivery, maximizing efficiency, optimizing and driving project excellence.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Develop due diligence of existing and new business opportunities, supporting the technical and financial analysis of each opportunity
- Assist in the management and control activities required for the correct execution of solar energy projects
- Analyze load and energy usage for appropriately designed photovoltaic & energy storage systems
- Generate highly accurate energy forecast estimates suitable for financial investment
- Prepare technical reports on investment opportunities tor Faro's investors
- Manage all aspects of build design, from contract onward to operation
- Draft and prepare client presentations on wide assortment of corporate topics ranging from industry, financial, regulatory, legal, technical and tax matters
- Assist in the preparation of materials on each deal for Faro’s Investment Committee
- Work with colleagues across regions on ad-hoc strategic projects
- Provide technical support to the business development manager
You are ethical, ambitious and have high standards. You are comfortable managing uncertainty and are entrepreneurial. You are organized, extremely analytical and do not settle for the obvious. You are self-driven, proactive, flexible, and focused on results. You possess outstanding communication skills and can build effective relationships with stakeholders. You proactively identify ways to increase the team’s productivity and industry awareness. You are a strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels.
You are passionate about building a business that will be at the forefront of the global transition to a low carbon energy system.
- Superb fluency in English and Spanish a must; you write in English and Spanish with outstanding grammar
- 2-3 years’ of professional experience in technical and/or project management roles
- Energy industry (particularly in renewables) experience is preferred though not essential
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related subjects from a top tier university in your country.
- Master’s degree in engineering or related subjects is a strong plus
- Experience living and working in Latin America and internationally
- Must be willing to relocate to Barranquilla, Colombia
- Willingness to travel for extended periods, both locally and internationally.
Position will commence as a full-time employee of Faro Energy Colombia SAS. Compensation is very competitive for Colombian corporate standards, start-ups (globally) and in particular for the location (Barranquilla). This role will require travel to places considered desirable and often even exotic. You will be seen among your peers in the industry as a leader whose influence extends beyond the day-to-day business operations to influence everything from company direction to investor satisfaction. Moreover, your contribution to building one of the first investment platforms dedicated to renewables in Latin America cannot be understated.
To apply, please email email@example.com